1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Sound is going up and down on laptop

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15z High Performance
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey folks,

When i try to use anything that has sound on the default speakers of this laptop the sound drops in and out. This leads me to believe that the speaker is not in fact damaged, but that something is making it sound too quiet and then too loud.

The sound is on one hundred. This does this on any app, program or webpage. It is quiet most of the time and then experiences spikes in sound that would be the normal sound when the device is on volume 100. 

I did turn off the signal enhancements> enable audio enhancements and there was no improvement. 

Drivers are updated, computer is updated. 

Let me know what other information is pertinent.

~M 

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,684 2,620 4,016
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@malz422 I have a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

• Windows Audio is a Windows service that manages audio for Windows-based programs. If at all this service is stopped due to any reason, audio devices will not function properly.
    To fix audio services, open the run command and launch services.msc.
  • In the services window search for Windows Audio and right-click on it to select Start to start the audio service.
  • And ensure the Startup Type is set to Automatic.
  • Click Apply and OK.

Restart the computer and check if it works.

If the issue persists, try the steps mention on this link: Click here

Also, let's run a test on your device to identify if this is either a hardware or a software malfunction?

If not, let's start with that:

• Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 
  • Select the component test and run a Audio test on your computer. 
    • FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
    • (By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, this could be a hardware malfunction, please revert to me with the failure ID,

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day! 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation