Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 m6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an envy x360 m6. I have been having problems with the sound for several months. I have uninstalled and installed the drivers on the coextent (spelling) and finally got some sound out of it. However I can’t get sound through the hdmi port.  I had two sound devices at one point and I uninstalled them both thinking that the windows system would automatically reinstall after restarting the computer. No luck. I’m at wits end with this POS. I can’t give presentations without sound. Is there a recall or fix on this I can’t find?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sakimbler
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

When you use HDMI to connect your display, you need to adjust some settings through Windows to hear sound through the display as described in Selecting HDMI sound as the default output audio device. Also please refer to this HP community post: Click here

See if this works:

• Download and save, but do not run this Intel HD graphics driver from your notebook's support page.http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72370.exe
  • Then download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd file on the page is for 64 bit. http://www.7-zip.org/
  • After you install 7-Zip, right click on the graphics driver file you downloaded and saved.
  • Select 7-Zip from the list of items.
  • Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp72370).
  • After that is done, go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers device category.
  • You should see an IDT HD audio device and a plain HD Audio device.
  • Click on the HD Audio device (not the IDT one).
  • Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.
  • Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created.
  • Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.
  • Restart the PC and now see if you get audio and video out of the HDMI port.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.