Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've recently bought my laptop, and have been having a bunch of audio issues - random screeching noise every once in a while, and also sometimes the microphone would stop working. Everything resolves itself after a restart.

Today however, the audio just completely stopped working (no sound from internal speakers nor from headphones when plugged in, and microphone didn't work either), and not even restarting the computer would fix it. After much trial and experimentation, i realized that going into audio device properties and turning off 'Enable audio enhancements' under 'Signal Enhancements' fixed it.

Unfortunately it seems that the setting is supposed to be on by default and I am not sure what it is that I am changing by turning it off. I have attached a screenshot of the same below. Is this normal or does this need fixing?

IamAdiSri_1-1608490298312.png

IamAdiSri_0-1608490244653.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

IamAdiSri_0-1608490925699.png

HP Recommended

I've got the same issue as well.... just turning it off and you'll be fine... I already try install the other universal version of Realtek driver and it doesnt have that "signal enhancements" at all... It seems like Realtek driver that cause this problem...

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
HP Recommended

I resolved the issue by resetting windows. Everything works as it should, but the microphone still randomly stops working and the audio still hangs sometimes. I think the problem may be in how to drivers handle the laptop's waking up from sleep mode.

Restarting my computer fixes things but that's not an acceptable solution. I can't drop all my work and restart my laptop every time my driver is hangs, which is at least once a day. HP needs to release a fix asap.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.