Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq105dx | Product number: W2K44UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product name:  HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq105dx

Product number: W2K44UA

Product number: W2K44UA#ABA

MIcrosoft Windows 10 - Update 1803

After a Win10 redstone 4 (1803) update, the speaker in the taskbar has a red "X" in it, and if I go into settings it shows no audio sound device.

Also the following error msg appeared on the desktop: 

Smart Audio: A Conexant audio device could not be found. The application will now exit.  

I have no sound and this Notebook is less than a year old and running 7th gen I7-7500U (X64 based processor) with 16GB Ram but when I go to Device Mgr under Sound it shows:  Conexant ISST Audio (drivers appear to be the latest)(v9.0.153.1).  

It also shows Intel(R) Display Audio (drivers appear to be latest)(v10.25.0.5)

When I look at sound under System Settings it states: No output devices found.  I did try a lot of the suggestions from the Virtual Assistant including reinstalling the HP sound drivers to no avail. 

I would love to get my sound back even if I have to use Realtek or some other sound device/driver. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank-you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MarkMalewski 

Realtek won't work. Please try newer version  9.0.160.50 Rev.J:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82501-83000/sp82767.exe

or

You could also update the Conexant audio driver via Device Manager using following steps:

Step 1. Open Device Manager.> Sounds

Step 2. Right click on the Conexant audio device.

Step 3. Select Update driver software.

Step 4. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Step 5. Reboot your PC.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MarkMalewski 

Realtek won't work. Please try newer version  9.0.160.50 Rev.J:

or

You could also update the Conexant audio driver via Device Manager using following steps:

Step 1. Open Device Manager.> Sounds

Step 2. Right click on the Conexant audio device.

Step 3. Select Update driver software.

Step 4. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Step 5. Reboot your PC.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien - I downloaded the very latest file version  9.0.160.50 Rev.J:

I installed the file, rebooted the laptop (when it asked me to reboot) and now everything is working perfectly!

Thank-you!

- Mark

HP Recommended

audio.PNG

I can't even see a Conexant audio device, even after installing the update mentioned.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.