cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Sarah-Bero
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Sound not working in my PC speakers but works in headphones (HP Spectre x360 Convertible)

HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The sound was working fine in my speakers but stopped randomly. I can play sound in headphones just fine. I have tried all the solutions I can find: 

-Uninstall and reinstall audio driver

-Disable/Enable audio enhancements 

-Troubleshoot through HP support assistant

-BIOS update

-Update everything and restart

-Configure/Test speakers (no sound in any audio tests)

I am at a loss. Did my speakers just go out? My PC has been working fine in every other aspect? 

1 REPLY 1
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,397 1,437 1,746
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sarah-Bero

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the audio issue. 

Appreciate you trying the steps 🙂

Let's try testing the hardware - 

1) Shutdown the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.

3) Press F2 once.

4) Go to Component test.

5) From the list, run the audio test. 

If the hardware is fine, back-up the data and try re-installing the operating system - HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation