cancel
hebomb Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sound, speakers popping, crackling, and stuttering whine in the background

Yet another thread on this issue with the usual banal response from HP. This issue has been around for ages but HP have absolutely no interest in solving it. 

0 Kudos
BlindMike Tutor
Tutor
13 11 0 0
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I like to consider myself an eternal optimist so I am gong to hope we get some resoloution.  Maybe I am glutton for punishment but I am going to hope for some type of sollution or maybe a free 3yr warranty on a new notebook purchase.

0 Kudos
AFWS Tutor
Tutor
14 11 0 1
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Notebook - 17t-n100 CTO (ENERGY STAR)

My computer is the same ,but not touch? I ran into almost the exact same issues as you. I think I solved my issue by installing the latest drivers from Realtek’s website. You will lose your Bang & Olufsen panel/ settings though. Here’s the thread I started  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Lost-my-Bang-amp-Olufsen-panel-settings-after-installin...  . I think the cause of this is "HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 7.0.1.1" listed under drivers in update history and the lastest HP audio drivers not getting along. HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 7.0.1.1 installed/updated on my computer on 2/23/2018 and my issue started on 2/23/2018.

0 Kudos
ak0xx Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mr. Mike,  the workaround for my HP ak0xx is to play a Youtube clip in the background.  I play the clip at low volume and the popping/crackling stops when docs are read to me in MS Word.  (I have tried driver installs, power settings adjustments, the mic "trick", and VLC player in the background but only Youtube worked.  Not sure why and am good not knowing.) 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation