Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

More often than not, the speakers do not work on my computer. I have to reboot my machine and then they will work for a short period of time and then stop working. I have to reboot my machine in order for them to work again....and only for a short period of time. I have run the diagnostics and it just runs for ever w/o producing any results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I chatted w/ Taniya today via the HP support assitant app and she was able to help fix the issue. She sent the following link after our chat. See below. She was amazing by the way, very professional and did a fantastic job. 

This email is a follow-up to our recent Chat interaction. I am Taniya from HP Chat Support Team following up on our recent interaction.
As per the chat discussion we had, I understand that you were facing issues with the computer.
I am sending you a link that will help you to resolve Audio problems. You can perform the steps given in the below link:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GillyPuck

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY x360 - m6 Convertible series laptop. I read that the speakers only work for a short while. You have to restart the laptop to make the speakers work again. This cycle continues further. You have tried to run the diagnosis and it runs forever without producing any results. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop recently?
  • Is there good sound from external speakers or headphones (if available)?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps to fix the issue:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Now, please continue to perform the steps from this HP article. These steps have bene tried and tested by us and help in fixing all sort of audio related issues. 

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended
I chatted w/ Taniya today via the HP support assitant app and she was able to help fix the issue. She sent the following link after our chat. See below. She was amazing by the way, very professional and did a fantastic job. 

This email is a follow-up to our recent Chat interaction. I am Taniya from HP Chat Support Team following up on our recent interaction.
As per the chat discussion we had, I understand that you were facing issues with the computer.
I am sending you a link that will help you to resolve Audio problems. You can perform the steps given in the below link:

HP Recommended

@GillyPuck

I'm glad to know that the issue has been fixed. Thanks for letting me know. I highly appreciate the feedback as it keeps us going.

Do feel free to reach out for any assistance in future. Take care! 🙂

Happy Computing!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.