Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Music, Game sounds, Computer sounds, anything loud enough plays through my microphone. I have been stuck on this issue for the longest time now and I have no idea how to fix it. I thought I just had the sound to high so I manually turned down the audio on my headphones (not computer) but my mic was still picking up the audio. I can't talk to any friends while listening to music nor playing games because they get annoyed. I have no idea how to fix this. I have the Omen Laptop from 2016, please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Update: So I restarted my pc, tried to see if my drivers were up to date, it says it is. Also for some odd reason, HP doesn't have Realtek HD Audio Manager, instead it is called "Bang &Olufsen Audio Control" of all the videos that fix my problem, they have Realtek HD Audio Manager and turned off the setting, but my computer doesn't have that. So if anyone knows how to fix this, I would really appreciate it.

HP Recommended

Update: I just factory reset my entire pc and it didn't fix it at all. I have no idea what the problem is, I have had this Laptop for a year now and never had this problem, sounds play through my mic on Discord, Skype and Teamspeak even if I press the mute button on my headset, can someone please help me.

HP Recommended

I am still having the problem, it has almost been a week. And no ones has helped me with this, can someone please help me.

HP Recommended

Are you kidding me? HP can you have any other form of support beside this? This is unbelievable, it has been 18 days and nothing. I got on here yesterday due to another problem I had, and there was a guy who asked my problem back in 2016 and never got a reply till 2 years later. Why is this the only source of support?

HP Recommended

@RedJester

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the audio.

Appreciate you trying the steps. Don’t worry, I’m here to help! I have sent you a Private Message with the next course of action.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.