Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ba071nd (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I uninstall the Realtek HD audio software, the sound gets back to normal when using the headphones (with bass), but then Windows installs the software back again automatically and the sound gets flattened (no bass) again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @OmarAbdu

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips

I understand that after automatic Windows update the sound quality deteriorates but it works fine if you uninstall the Realtek HD audio software

I'd like to help.

do you know which Windows update or when the problem started?

Since the Sound Quality is better when you uninstall the Realtek HD audio software, follow these steps.

1. Start Device Manager. To do this, press and hold (or right-click) the lower-left corner of the desktop, and then select Device Manager.
  2. Locate and right-click the device that has the problem driver installed, and then select Properties.
  3. In the Confirm Device Uninstall dialog box, select the Delete the driver software for this device check box, if it's available.

Next Step.

1. Type “View Installed Updates” in the Search box and then click on View Installed Updates – Control Panel from the Search results.
  2. To uninstall the unwanted update, select it from the list and then click Uninstall.

To temporarily prevent the driver from being reinstalled until a new driver fix is available, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface to hide and show Windows updates and drivers for Windows 10. 

Click Here to download the " Show and Hide Update " Troubleshooter.

Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.

When you click the download link, you're prompted to open or save wushowhide.diagcab. 

open or save wushowhide.diagcab prompt

To run the troubleshooter, open wushowhide.diagcab, select Next and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter to hide the problematic driver or update.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi @OmarAbdu

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips

I understand that after automatic Windows update the sound quality deteriorates but it works fine if you uninstall the Realtek HD audio software

I'd like to help.

do you know which Windows update or when the problem started?

Since the Sound Quality is better when you uninstall the Realtek HD audio software, follow these steps.

1. Start Device Manager. To do this, press and hold (or right-click) the lower-left corner of the desktop, and then select Device Manager.
  2. Locate and right-click the device that has the problem driver installed, and then select Properties.
  3. In the Confirm Device Uninstall dialog box, select the Delete the driver software for this device check box, if it's available.

Next Step.

1. Type “View Installed Updates” in the Search box and then click on View Installed Updates – Control Panel from the Search results.
  2. To uninstall the unwanted update, select it from the list and then click Uninstall.

To temporarily prevent the driver from being reinstalled until a new driver fix is available, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface to hide and show Windows updates and drivers for Windows 10. 

Click Here to download the " Show and Hide Update " Troubleshooter.

Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.

When you click the download link, you're prompted to open or save wushowhide.diagcab. 

open or save wushowhide.diagcab prompt

To run the troubleshooter, open wushowhide.diagcab, select Next and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter to hide the problematic driver or update.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you! It worked! 

HP Recommended

Hi @OmarAbdu

I'm glad we were able to get this issue resolved. Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a Message anytime you need help.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, mine has B&O play but the issue hasn't started until I turned it on 30 minutes ago it was working fine yesterday. I have already looked at the control panel and rollback doesn't show and if I try to update it says I already have the best drivers. I have Realtek HD audio.

HP Recommended

The speakers have bass its only the headphone jack. And I have tried multiple headsets.

HP Recommended

I figured it out! I opened up my B&O Audio Control, or HP Audio Control, and under general (the first screen made apparent) select Multi streaming. I couldn't explain to you why it worked, but immediately I got the bass in my headphones back, and my laptop recognized my headphones as separate from the built in speaker as "Realtek HD Audio 2ns output". Additionally, the option to adjust the bass, treble, and dialogue clarity.

HP Recommended

This worked, I spent hours talking to hp support to no avail , I was decided to return this laptop, then I found your tip. THANK YOU. and to hp support , learn more about the product you represent.

HP Recommended

that was the solution i was looking for. thank you so much Steven_H-9.

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!! Spent an hour or so looking for this solution. Appreciate your effort in sharing it!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.