Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 1 (103 Views)

Speaker and earphone switching

Product Name: HP ENVY 15-ae100 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Please help me with this problem. My notebook has integrated 4 poles audio JACK3.5 mm for microphone and earphones.  I used adapter to split earphone and microphones 3 poles outputs to be able to connect external microphone with 3 poles JACK. But as soon as I plug JACK in notebook speakers stops to play. But I want to speak to my external microphone and listen notebook speakers. I wanted to switch it in Realtek HD sound manager as in my the second notebook HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook but I don't have it in the Control panels I have only Bang & Olufsen Audio Manager there. It is afraid in this driver it is not possible to choose speakers or earphone to play when JACK is plugged in. I have installed all actual drivers for this notebook by  HP Support Assistant but with no succes. Current OS is Windows 10 (64-bit).

Thank you for advice how to switch notebook speakers on when audio JACK is plugged in.

Zdenek Budinsky

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation