Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-ae100 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Please help me with this problem. My notebook has integrated 4 poles audio JACK3.5 mm for microphone and earphones.  I used adapter to split earphone and microphones 3 poles outputs to be able to connect external microphone with 3 poles JACK. But as soon as I plug JACK in notebook speakers stops to play. But I want to speak to my external microphone and listen notebook speakers. I wanted to switch it in Realtek HD sound manager as in my the second notebook HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook but I don't have it in the Control panels I have only Bang & Olufsen Audio Manager there. It is afraid in this driver it is not possible to choose speakers or earphone to play when JACK is plugged in. I have installed all actual drivers for this notebook by  HP Support Assistant but with no succes. Current OS is Windows 10 (64-bit).

Thank you for advice how to switch notebook speakers on when audio JACK is plugged in.

Zdenek Budinsky

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.