Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-ae091TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The issue is the left speaker sounds crackly, blown and low volume compare to the right speaker.

Out from the box, the spekers sounds ok and then issue raises when i updated the BIOS from F.13 to F.15.

(The BIOS update is from HP support website) - HP Support

I have tried several methods that i find in the hp forums like update the sound driver but still can't manage to solve the issue.

Does anyone had any other solution to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Akiba007,

Sorry about the lack of the reply. I lost track of my notifications.:smileyfrustrated:

Unfortunately, there's a lack of information regarding this topic. I would recommend contacting support:

Contact HP Worldwide here.

Phone HP Worldwide here.

Check warranty status here.

Find an HP Authorized Service Center near you here.

If you do feel that there could be some hardware issue (unlikely), you can try the HP UEFI Diagnostics:

1. Repeatedly press Esc upon startup
  2. Select F2 (System Diagnostics)
  3. Select the desired language
  4. Navigate to component tests
  5. Select Audio

Otherwise, I'm sorry to say I'm out of ideas.

Best regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Akiba007,

Sorry to hear that your speaker sound quality is subpar. 

I believe you have a B&O control panel so upon opening the application, try heading to the Output tab and turning off B&O Experience.

I've had multiple issues with my Conexant driver/B&O sound enhancements so let me know how it goes.

However, I do want to inform you that BIOS updates are generally not recommended. Unless you have a specific issue that is not hardware or on the Windows side, it's advised you stick with the current BIOS version. 

I would like to recommend a BIOS rollback:

4. Navigate to Firmware Management
  5. Select BIOS Rollback

Hope this helps,

Eddy

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

HP Recommended

Hi kem579,

Thanks for helping.

I have turn off the B&O Experience and seems that the crackly sound has been lower down a bit but the unbalance volume is still there.

For the BIOS rollback, i have tried to rollback to my pervious BIOS which is ver. F.13 but the Firmware Management only manage to rollback to ver. F.15.

I have tried to download the ver. F.13 from the HP support and by using the Recovery USB flash drive method , i can't manage to rollback the BIOS. When i try to rollback the BIOS, the Firmware Management will error prompt :-

"Unable To Find Bios Signature File"

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help to give some advice for this issue?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Akiba007,

Sorry about the lack of the reply. I lost track of my notifications.:smileyfrustrated:

Unfortunately, there's a lack of information regarding this topic. I would recommend contacting support:

Contact HP Worldwide here.

Phone HP Worldwide here.

Check warranty status here.

Find an HP Authorized Service Center near you here.

If you do feel that there could be some hardware issue (unlikely), you can try the HP UEFI Diagnostics:

4. Navigate to component tests
  5. Select Audio

Otherwise, I'm sorry to say I'm out of ideas.

Best regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for your recommendation on sending it for warranty.

The main cause of my spectre problem is the hardware speaker itself.

My left bottom speaker is broken, so HP in-site warranty service team had replace it for me.

All and all, Thanks for help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.