1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Speaker making bad, crackling static noise

HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

recently, my spectre started distorting sounds that came out of the speakers. 50% of the time they sound normal, and then other times, this horrible crackly static will start sounding out for extended periods of time whenever the laptop is playing audio. This noisy static always ends after a while, but this issue has been ongoing for weeks now. 

There has been no physical damage to the laptop. The sounds first started occuring while I was using an older application on the laptop. Running a diagnostic of my audio settings yields that there is a 'Generic Audio Driver' issue. I'm not sure what this means, and the laptop isn't offering a prompt to address the matter. I've tried reinstalling the current driver and that has not fixed the issue so far. I believe the BIOS is completely up to date as well.

Any help would be appreciated! The speakers are sounding pretty bad a lot of the time

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,848 93,505 12,289 26,126
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kj27 

What is your Spectre x360 ? Are you sure it runs Windows 10 32bit ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation