Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre - 13-af002la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ve tried every troubleshooting I found in the web and nothings works. The solution by "Wes" was the closest one I got, except for the fact that the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver he mentions in the solution gives back an error sign saying it s not appropiatte for the OS system. Please Help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PaoCasti 

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
          https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp99001-99500/sp99056.exe
(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien, I tried uninstalling the current driver and installing the one you sent me, and rebooting the system in both cases, but it still does not work

HP Recommended

Please, if anyone else has another solution for my problem it will be welcomed. I tried everything, and not being able to use the internal speakers during video calls is takimg a toll on my work

Thanks a lot

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and this solution did not fix it for me either.15z-cw100 CTO is my notebook

HP Recommended

This seemed to help. For Omen users with Bang and Olufesen you have the Omen Audio feature, this enables you to boost bass and change the audio curve and can make the sound sound a lot bit more oumphy and loud and from my limited testing has made has kept the audio steady. (I believe there is a similar program for non-omen products called HP Audio Control or something). However to do this you will need to check the "Enable Audio Enhancements" box in the Realtek Drivers. (P.S. this is NOT the removed Enhancements tab)

To find this simply right click on the sound icon on the bottom left

Click on sounds in the sub-menu

Choose playback in the next menu on the top then right click on your internal speakers,In my case Realtek (R) audio. 

Go to properties and then click on the advanced menu and it should be at the bottom

I have all the latest possible drivers and bios installed from HP, as well as the latest windows update, however I don't know if that effects anything. If you have any questions about my driver configuration or anything else please don't hesitate to ask. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.