Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 2020 HP Omen 15-en0037ax (AMD Ryzen 7, Nvidia RTX 2060).

Today after installing the updates, I no longer get audio from any of the audio devices on the system. The microphone has stopped working as well. I'm unsure what has caused the problem but I am posting a list of all the updates I made today.

IamAdiSri_0-1612381703808.pngIamAdiSri_1-1612381737641.pngIamAdiSri_2-1612381779105.pngIamAdiSri_3-1612381804270.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

please dont update your laptop driver from "optional update" section on Windows Update... It often cause many issues... Just wait for HP Support Assistant apps to update your driver... Although it takes long to update,, but it safer than update from "optional update"...

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
HP Recommended

Do you know how I can roll back the update now that i've installed it?

HP Recommended

roll back from Device Manager.... Because you've installed too many drivers,, i suggest to roll back the driver that caused you problem....

For now,, i think you can roll back the Realtek driver on "sound, video, and game controllers" section... After that, open Sound Setting, and turn off the "Audio Enhancements" your speaker setting...

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.