Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Speakers and headphones not working.

ENVY 15t-j100 Select Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, i've been having audio problems with my laptop since a few days ago. When i start up the laptop and play some music everything works fine, the speakers and the headphones sound pretty good, but after a few minutes the sound suddenly dissapear, the speakers and the headhphones doesn't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers, but that didn't work. I am thinking doing a crean reinstall of Windows 10, but i am worried if the problem will persist after the reinstall. What do you guys think is causing the problem?. Any help will be appreciated. My laptop is an HP ENVY 15t-j100 Select Edition running on Windows 10 64 bits.

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 330
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @isaacenmanuel28,

Welcome to HP Forums! It is a great place to post your questions.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the audio works a while and starts to dispear from speakers and headphones.

You can troubleshoot the problem with this document: HP Notebook PCs - No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10)

Try the steps on the above document. System Recovery/clean installation would be the last step.

If this is the right model for your laptop, the audio driver sp63555.exe should be the latest version on this link http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-15-j100-Select-Edition-Notebook-PC-series/65...

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Let me know how it goes with the sound issue.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
isaacenmanuel28 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

First of all thank you for the quick answer. I really appreciate it.

I'm sad to say that i tried everything listed in the document that you post, even doing a clean install of Windows, but the problem still happening. Everything worked fine after the fisrt few hours after the clean install of windows, but then all happened again. I'm pretty shure that i have the latest AND the correct audio driver installed. Another issue is that a few minutes  after the sound disappear, the sound come back again, but disorted and the headphones still not work. I dont think it is a hardware issue since i tried running the HP Hardware Diagnosis Tool hitting F2 when the computer starts, and the audio diagnosis went fine. I also tried to contact HP, but i cannot send the form since my laptop warranty have expired. I don't know what else should i do.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2,882 2,654 144 330
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @isaacenmanuel28,

Even the product is out of warrany, you can still click on "Show Options" at the bottom of the form to get the phone number to call. It may charge a repair fee if the warrany is out.

1. Go to http://www.hp.com/contacthp 

2. Enter the model number, click on find my product

3. Fill the form and click on Show Options

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation