Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Speakers and headphones play together

Pavilion TS Sleekbook 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my Sleekbook 14 is playing the headphones and speakers at the same time while listening to something and I can't figure out what to do. I have tried changing a few settings  in the sound window as well as reinstalling the IDT High Def CODEC audio driver that is used with no success. I have Windows 10 and  I'm not sure if anything updated before this started to happen. Could anyone help me out here? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1154 1151 69 140
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Seabrisket wrote:

Hi, my Sleekbook 14 is playing the headphones and speakers at the same time while listening to something and I can't figure out what to do. I have tried changing a few settings  in the sound window as well as reinstalling the IDT High Def CODEC audio driver that is used with no success. I have Windows 10 and  I'm not sure if anything updated before this started to happen. Could anyone help me out here? Thanks!

Hi,

Fix:

1. right click the sound tray icon
  2. click recording devices
  3. right click stereo mix and click properties
    (stereo mix is a "microphone" that listens only to sounds your computer makes.  It might called something different on your computer, I don't know)
  4. click the listen tab and check listen to this device
  5. Now, if your speakers are the default device, set "Playback through this device" to your headphones, but if your headphones are the default device, set it to your speakers.
  6. Click OK, OK, and it should work.

Hope this helps!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
Seabrisket Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I got into stereo mix the only tab I found was the general tab. I found that stereo mix wasn't enabled. So I enabled it, found the listen tab and default playback device was the one enabled. I tried enabling both the speakers and the communication headphones but neither fixed the problem. There isn't an option for just headphones, only communication headphones. I'm not sure if that means anything or not. Sorry it took so long to reply, I was expecting an email saying someone had replied but must have looked past it.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation