Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cw1507sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

EDIT: I have seen other posts now and 'rolled back' the driver update which installed yesterday. Restarted and it hasn't solved the problem.

I have had this laptop for about a month, all working perfectly. Today the speakers are behaving strangely. I was playing music and the volume gradually lowered so it became inaudible. Turning the volume up to maximum is still very quiet.

I have restarted and encountered the same issue.

I ran the audio troubleshooters which couldn't find a problem even though the sound is intermittently louder / quieter when it plays the test audio sections.

I tried turning off audio enhancement after seeing a few posts on here. 

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BCD82,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Run Audio Troubleshooter

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in   

Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

If you continue facing the issue then follow the below steps.

1. Select Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Update   > Check for updates.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • If the status says "You're up to date, go to the next tip. 
    • If the status says "Updates are available," select Install now
  3.  Select the updates you want to install, then select Install.
  4.  Restart your PC and see if your sound is working properly.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Suggestions by HP employee do not solve problem. This is very frustrating and apparently I am not alone in having this problem.

HP Recommended

I, too, have the exact same problem.  I have also tried all the suggested troubleshooting solutions with no result.  

I now have a £700+ laptop which is not fit for purpose, I've only had it 3 months.

Come on HP, please get this issue identified and resolved! 

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. May well return as under warranty. Not fit for purpose.

HP Recommended

This worked for me...crucial step was running the AMD driver cleaner.... (I copied the solution from another thread cos I can’t work out how to link to it)

The problem is experienced in 1909 and 2004 versions of Windows.

The current bios version (F.42) must be installed first. Then, after installing Realtek 6.0.8940.1 version, the problem can be solved.

If not, the driver can be cleaned and reinstalled again with the Amd Cleanup Utility application.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

It was tried in both steps. The problem is solved in both steps.

I guess this update caused an update via windwows update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.