Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae021tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Chasing some help, please. I think I've tried all the simple fixes I can find through Google and none have worked so I'll keep it as short as possible.

• My speakers worked yesterday, but magically aren't working today.
  • Bluetooth headphones do work.
  • Corded headphones do work.

The laptop has Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) installed.

In terms of what I have tried in order to resolve the issue:

• I've used the Windows sound settings troubleshooter
  • I've installed all updates through HP Support Assistant
  • Through device manager,
    • I've disabled and re-enabled the device
    • I've uninstalled and re-installed the drivers
    • I've updated the drivers for the device

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found a work around.

• More Googling lead me to the Bang & Olufsen Audio Control app
    • In my other searching I noticed it was updated yesterday in the Microsoft App store (no idea if this was the cause or a coincidence)
  • The B&O app was coming up with "cannot connect to RPC server..."
    • No idea what this means, TBH
    • Unfortunately I also can't remember how I got the app working again but I did manage to get the app to open successfully
  • Playing with settings in the B&O app, I checked the "Multistreaming" slider

Hey presto... it works!! Speakers are active again. 👍

The only side effect I can see is that you have to manually swap between using the speakers and headphone jack, but I honestly can't remember the last time I used the headphone jack other than this test so the impact to me will be very minimal (until I want to use wired headphones next and forget I did this. 🤣).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.