cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Damonp
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Speakers not working. Headphones do work.

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae021tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Chasing some help, please. I think I've tried all the simple fixes I can find through Google and none have worked so I'll keep it as short as possible.

• My speakers worked yesterday, but magically aren't working today.
  • Bluetooth headphones do work.
  • Corded headphones do work.

The laptop has Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) installed.

In terms of what I have tried in order to resolve the issue:

• I've used the Windows sound settings troubleshooter
  • I've installed all updates through HP Support Assistant
  • Through device manager,
    • I've disabled and re-enabled the device
    • I've uninstalled and re-installed the drivers
    • I've updated the drivers for the device

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Damonp
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found a work around.

• More Googling lead me to the Bang & Olufsen Audio Control app
    • In my other searching I noticed it was updated yesterday in the Microsoft App store (no idea if this was the cause or a coincidence)
  • The B&O app was coming up with "cannot connect to RPC server..."
    • No idea what this means, TBH
    • Unfortunately I also can't remember how I got the app working again but I did manage to get the app to open successfully
  • Playing with settings in the B&O app, I checked the "Multistreaming" slider

Hey presto... it works!! Speakers are active again. 👍

The only side effect I can see is that you have to manually swap between using the speakers and headphone jack, but I honestly can't remember the last time I used the headphone jack other than this test so the impact to me will be very minimal (until I want to use wired headphones next and forget I did this. 🤣).

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation