Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
07-21-2020 12:48 AM
Product: HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae021tu
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Chasing some help, please. I think I've tried all the simple fixes I can find through Google and none have worked so I'll keep it as short as possible.
- My speakers worked yesterday, but magically aren't working today.
- Bluetooth headphones do work.
- Corded headphones do work.
The laptop has Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) installed.
In terms of what I have tried in order to resolve the issue:
- I've used the Windows sound settings troubleshooter
- I've installed all updates through HP Support Assistant
- Through device manager,
- I've disabled and re-enabled the device
- I've uninstalled and re-installed the drivers
- I've updated the drivers for the device
Any help or guidance is appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
07-21-2020 05:05 PM
I found a work around.
- More Googling lead me to the Bang & Olufsen Audio Control app
- In my other searching I noticed it was updated yesterday in the Microsoft App store (no idea if this was the cause or a coincidence)
- The B&O app was coming up with "cannot connect to RPC server..."
- No idea what this means, TBH
- Unfortunately I also can't remember how I got the app working again but I did manage to get the app to open successfully
- Playing with settings in the B&O app, I checked the "Multistreaming" slider
Hey presto... it works!! Speakers are active again. 👍
The only side effect I can see is that you have to manually swap between using the speakers and headphone jack, but I honestly can't remember the last time I used the headphone jack other than this test so the impact to me will be very minimal (until I want to use wired headphones next and forget I did this. 🤣).
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community