Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 15. 15-eb0053dx
Ubuntu LTS

Hi

Please I bought a new Spectre x360 15-eb0053dx and I am trying to use it with Ubuntu.

Most elements work without need of any further adjustment. The main issue is that sound does not come out of the speakers. If I connect the headphone through the jack, the sound is OK, however the speakers do not work.

I know linux is not officially supported in this machine, but i thought it might be something which could be sorted out for the people who like to use linux.

Thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Since the headphones are working, I suppose this is a "pinning" problem.

Unfortunately hdajackretask hangs for me:

systemctl --user stop pulseaudio.socket

systemctl --user stop pulseaudio.service

hdajackretask

... repin ... apply now .... hangs.....

HP Recommended

Hi

I tried the hdajackreset, and it runs, but when I apply it says /sys/calss/sound/hwC0C0/reconfig: Device or resource busy.

I did the user stop before running the hdajackreset.

Any ideas?

Thx

HP Recommended

Find what is using it:  fuser -fv /dev/snd/*

HP Recommended

Hi

Thx, but it shows nothing. I guess the pin issue is a good guess, but I cannot manage to reassign.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.