cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Speakers not working

HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received an HP refurbished HP Envy x360, the 2020 model with the Ryzen 7 3700x, 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD.

Unfortunately it seems the built-in speakers are broken. I have tried using both the HP and windows troubleshooting tools but no luck, here are the other troubleshooting steps I have taken:

- Checked volume is turned up

- Checked the default device selected.

- Checked the speaker is not muted.

- Tested with multiple applications (chrome (youtube), and spotify)

- Disabled all audio enhancements.

- Changed to Microsoft generic audio driver

- Updated Realtek driver

- Rolled back Realtek driver

- Uninstalled audio device and reinstalled with device manager.

- Tried using a bluetooth audio device, and wired headphones (both work fine).

- Installed all windows updates

- Updated BIOS

- Ran audio test through the component testing section of the HP bios (this indicated a critical failure of the speakers).

- Ran through all steps regarding audio with the HP virtual assistant.

Note: I also regularly get a high pitched beep/whine noise, this happens any time I try to do something that should result in audio from the speakers, although it seems to happen other times too.

It would seem to me that this is a hardware problem, unfortunately I can't find any way to get in touch with someone to get a proper case open. My device is under warranty.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation