Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I just received an HP refurbished HP Envy x360, the 2020 model with the Ryzen 7 3700x, 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD.
Unfortunately it seems the built-in speakers are broken. I have tried using both the HP and windows troubleshooting tools but no luck, here are the other troubleshooting steps I have taken:
- Checked volume is turned up
- Checked the default device selected.
- Checked the speaker is not muted.
- Tested with multiple applications (chrome (youtube), and spotify)
- Disabled all audio enhancements.
- Changed to Microsoft generic audio driver
- Updated Realtek driver
- Rolled back Realtek driver
- Uninstalled audio device and reinstalled with device manager.
- Tried using a bluetooth audio device, and wired headphones (both work fine).
- Installed all windows updates
- Updated BIOS
- Ran audio test through the component testing section of the HP bios (this indicated a critical failure of the speakers).
- Ran through all steps regarding audio with the HP virtual assistant.
Note: I also regularly get a high pitched beep/whine noise, this happens any time I try to do something that should result in audio from the speakers, although it seems to happen other times too.
It would seem to me that this is a hardware problem, unfortunately I can't find any way to get in touch with someone to get a proper case open. My device is under warranty.
Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community