Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Gen3D Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Speakers so hot they actually burned my skin!

HP Stream Notebook PC 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I work for a small I.T. company and we have a dozen of more HP Stream's that we support for several client's who needed a cheap notebook.  One of them, the one my Boss was using has a very concerning problem.  When the speakers are on, the front edge of the notebook where the speakers are get so hot it actually gave me a nasty burn on my two arms.  I have seen things get hot many times before, but never anything this hot!  I know it is the speakers, because when I disable to speakers the heat goes away soon after, and comes right back when you enable it.  The Warrenty expired back in March and I really am not concerned about getting a refund or replacement.  What I am concerned about is it get's hot enough to catch on fire and we have these stream's all over the place.  I am hoping it's just isolated to just this one notebook.  I would like to send it in for HP to look at.  Since the warrenty is expired I have limited support options.  I really don't feel like paying for a tech support call when I am only trying to help out HP with a potential issue.

1 REPLY
16536 215 879
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Speakers so hot they actually burned my skin!

@Gen3D

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation