7 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Speakers wont work until i plugged in headphones

HP ProBook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have HP Probook4540s - Intel i5 - 3210M  &  8GB Ram.

This issue is with the audio. The speakers don't work until I plugged in the headphones into the jack, and the funny thing is, after plugging in, the headphones don't work only speakers do.

This is an old issue. I think its an operating system issue, It would be solved after reinstalling it, but the problem is still there. I tried every possible solution available on the internet. I don't know how I got this issue. When I update my BIOS from Version:F.60 A  to Version:F.61 Rev.A , after that I start getting this issue. I am not sure if it's a BIOS issue.

Please help....

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Hami786,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you. Thank you for sharing the issue details.

Audio issue after upgrading the BIOS on the PC. Is that right?

Seems like the BIOS update didn’t happen correctly or some part of the BIOS seems to be corrupted.

I recommend you try to reflash/updating the BIOS once again and check if that solves the issue.

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Hami786 Top Student
Top Student
7 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I tried your solution and update the BIOS, but the result is same. I am also facing another problem with my touchpad. It stopped working randomly and I need to disable and enable it from synaptic touchpad settings to make it work again. Sometimes on system startup the touchpad doesn't work at all.

I think it's a BIOS issue. Can I roll back to a previous version of BIOS. Currently I have installed F.62 Rev.A

Thanks

MODEL INFO

HP Probook 4540s

i5 - 3210M

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Hami786,

Thanks for updating the solutions suggested.

We have a tried and tested solution to roll back the BIOS on Consumer PCs.

I suggest you to try the same and check if that helps solve the issue.

For further needs, I request you to reach out our Commercial support team using the link below.

http://hp.care/2e4BJHm

Hope the steps mentioned above will help you fix the issue.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation