Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Laptop is about 3 months old, my wife just fired it up last week. Worked fine for a few days and now she’s getting a bsod once an hour on average. Sometimes it’ll go a full day without bs but it eventually comes back and starts acting funky again. We’re out of the time period to return it and hp support has been atrocious. I submitted 3 tickets and referenced each subsequent ticket but still no response. Anyone have any ideas? I tried all the regular stuff, updated drivers reset to factory and still it persists. Different error codes most of the time also. We can’t be the only ones experiencing this crap. Anyone have ideas??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@OshaneThomas

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don’t panic! I'll be glad to help, There are some common fixes for this unsettling screen warning, so let’s dive into it, so you can get back to your regular computing. There are viruses that can cause BSOD. In some cases, you won’t be able to get past the Blue Screen of Death to actually check for viruses, so you’ll have to use a bootable antivirus tool such as Bitdefender.

And, also undo your last action and test for the STOP Error message. Depending on the change that occurred, these fixes may work: HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_2026000-1498532-16

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.