14 11 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre Envy 14t-3200 w/ beats sound need realtek sound driver

B8X17AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi eveyone please help,

I have HP Spectre Ultrabook 14t-3100 for some reason I dont have any sounds on my laptop nor if I plug in the headset. I have done numerous search and still cant find the right driver.

Have try the following options and still didnt' work.

1. download and install all drivers from Realtek website

2. checked HP's software and driver download but still no luck, even install other hp laptop drivers who also have the beats audio

3. install the drivers to have it run as adminstrator

4. checked under device manager to remove, install and update drivers and still no luck.

SOMEONE WHO IS KNOWLEDGE PLZ HELP, THANKS IN ADVANCE

15 REPLIES 15
Provost Provost
Provost
102,620 96,697 14,982 23,075
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has the IDT audio chip, not the Realtek one.

See if this driver works.  Install and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDTHigh-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system.

File name: sp63555.exe

0 Kudos
jinchen22 Tutor
Tutor
14 11 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I have tried that driver you posted but didn't work after installed. The reason I believe my laptop's driver is Realtek is because when I install IDT I get error saying it's not compatible with the hardware, I dont get any errors when Realtek. I also when to the device manager underneath the sounds, I did a manual upgrade of the driver by download the most recent driver from Realtk then extract the folder, the computer say it found my Realtek HD driver but occurred a error every single time which prevent it full fulling install. any other suggestions or ideas? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that driver didn't work.

Your notebook has the IDT audio chip and you can confirm that for yourself by googling the hardware ID for the audio controller.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the multimedia audio controller needing the driver.

Then click on the details tab at the top of the multimedia audio controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list, and select the 3rd item (Hardware ID's).

The google the hardware ID you see and your searches will turn up an IDT audio device.

The first section you will see is the vendor and the vendor code for IDT is HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D

111D=IDT

Realtek would be:  HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC

10EC=Realtek

0 Kudos
jinchen22 Tutor
Tutor
14 11 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for quick reply below is the hardware ID that i see be following your instructions

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2806&SUBSYS_80860101

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2806&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000

what can I do right now? thanks again

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That device ID is your Intel HDMI audio chip. 

That only works with when you connect the notebook to a TV with an HDMI cable.

There should be another audio chip listed that controls the speakers.

If it needs a driver, it may be listed by itself as a multimedia audio controller with a little ! mark next to it,  or it may be listed in the sound, game and video controllers device manager category as just a HD Audio device.

Need to find the second audio controller.

Do you need a driver for the ID you posted? 

If the driver is installed, it should say Intel HD audio.

If it just says HD Audio or has a ! mark next to it, then it needs a driver.

0 Kudos
jinchen22 Tutor
Tutor
14 11 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

I do not see a second audio controller under the sound, video and games controllers.

I do not see any ! mark under the device manager either, I had also tried refresh and scan for new devices too

On the lower right hand corner of my laptop ther is X mark on the speaker showing no speak or sound whatsoever, I also tried to plug in the headset it didn't have any sounds either.

I just try my HDMI to connet my laptop to the TV and also found out there is no sound when connect to my TV, but there is video when using HDMI. Does that also means my HDMI driver is also not correctly installed?

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is the problem then.

The IDT audio chip is not showing up in the device manager, which means it either has a hardware issue, or some other kind of problem, I have no idea what it could be.

That is why any IDT audio driver you have tried is telling you that no IDT hardware is present.

You have to have two HD audio devices showing up in the device manager.

One for the HDMI port, which you have, and one for the notebook speakers, which you don't have.

You may want to install the original operating system and see if it shows up again.

If it doesn't, then you would probably need to replace the motherboard in order to fix the problem.

jinchen22 Tutor
Tutor
14 11 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for the advice, I just connect all the cables, and got the IDT driver install properly. No I do have sounds when plug in the headset or connect to my TV using HDMI port. The only problem is the speaker from the computer had no sound at all. Any advice or suggestion on why the speaker has no sound?

Thanks a million

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Let me ask the question again about the Intel HDMI driver (for the ID you posted).

Is the device labeled Intel HD Audio, or is it just labeled HD Audio?

If it is just labeled HD audio, then it needs the audio driver for the HDMI chip.

As for the speakers not working...unfortunately, I don't know why that is.

You can try this workaround and see if you can get the speakers to work...

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

A warning message may appear,  but click Yes.

7. Windows has successfully update your driver software.

8. Restart the PC.

The key is step 6.

If the HDMI audio chip needs the Intel audio driver installed, let me know and I will give you a fairly simple procedure to install it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation