Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0011tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there. I found my  Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0011tx got no sound from top two speakers. But the other two speakers in the bottom work fine. I ran some test shows the audio is fine, yet 3 of the Realtek Audio device only one is connect, as for other not connected 2, one I guess is headphone, another might be the top speakers. 

Then I checked using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI, still no sound coming from top speakers. Would it be the problem of BIOS? Anyway, if this problem comes from the software, hope it can be solved ASAP.

Looking forward a professional reply, thx

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

My OS version is windows10 1909, 18363.476,  BIOS : F.32-09/25/2019

HP Recommended

@Dindon
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To resolve this issue, download and install the following SoftPaq to update the audio driver: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92501-93000/sp92632.exe

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for helping, but I've already tried all the audio driver in the driver page, none of the can fix this issue. That's why I suspect this is caused by BIOS, since my laptop never had an physical accident, speakers have little chance to be damaged; and while I checked the audio at the BIOS page, the issue remains the same.

HP Recommended

@Dindon

This sounds like a hardware related issue,

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.