Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15-df0400nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

I'd appreciate it if anyone can weigh in on the following issue. I Already roamed the forums but didn't precisly encounter this:
Since a week or so the front speakerbar and the left speaker hardly emit any sound while the corner-right speaker performs as normal. They do still work but their output is barely audible.

I suspect it's a software issue since the HP support assistant app's audio diagnostics tool does not find any faults.
Just before the issue I installed some HP Tilt Pen software and windows did some updates as well.

Has anyone encountered this, any tips on how to get the speakers back to their full potential again?
Thanks and have a good Easter!

Best, Roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Believe me, my past issue included multiple resets and I am so sick of it that I would not even bother to do it even one more time. 

But I might have good news, I just did the new BIOS update via the HP Support Assistant and it looks like it resolved the sound issue. I have been listening to Spotify for the past 10 minutes and the sound is just as fine as it should be.

Try that and I am crossing my fingers the result is equally positive. Let me know if it worked out for you 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@rfdebeaumont 

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92501-93000/sp92632.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Dear Banhien,

Thanks for the reply. I followed your steps precisely however the problem still persists...
I deinstalled / reinstalled the audio device circled in red. However I noticed there are also audio options at the top of the tree which I highlighted in green. Any chance something should be altered here, or other steps I could try?
Thanks in advance!

Screenie audio.jpg

HP Recommended

Same issue here! I noticed a few days ago that something is off. It seems sound is only coming from the bottom right and generally, the sound is totally unbalanced. I tried a few things to solve the problem without any success. 

However, if I put my unit in tent mode I can hear sound (quiet) from the top left speakers when I put my ear on it. Apparently, this issue is more widespread. 

I had been going through a lengthy replacement procedure with a previous model and only using this model for 2 wks now. I appreciate if someone is able to provide a solution to this issue. 

HP Recommended

I still have the issue. An HP rep reccomended to perform a system restore but unfortunately I don't seem to have one from before the issue. @MST87 You could try to perform one of if you have one to see if this solves the issue.

Same for me when in Tent mode bty the way. I'm a little dissapointed since this is a 2000 euro + machine. If it can't be solved via the forums directly I'm contacting HP Netherlands eventually. For now i'll wait for some more replies.

Edit: Windows update KB4493509 keeps failing to install, perhaps this has something to do with it? Anyone had that problem?

HP Recommended

Believe me, my past issue included multiple resets and I am so sick of it that I would not even bother to do it even one more time. 

But I might have good news, I just did the new BIOS update via the HP Support Assistant and it looks like it resolved the sound issue. I have been listening to Spotify for the past 10 minutes and the sound is just as fine as it should be.

Try that and I am crossing my fingers the result is equally positive. Let me know if it worked out for you 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

The BIOS-update did it for me! Great, now we don´t have to go through some tedious restore process.
Enjoy those speakers and thanks so much for the tip, I really appreciate it! 😉

HP Recommended

Hey,

I am glad to hear it worked for you as well. I have to thank you for opening the topic which helped to hear I am not the only one with that problem and it provided some guidance.

Let's hope this will do it.

Take care, otherwise, speaking soon 🙂

HP Recommended

Sure thing, it's indeed always hopefull if others are having the same issue.
It´s all been running fine so far with different programs using audio so I have pretty high hopes 😉
I've marked you suggestion as the solution, for others. All the best,

Roger

HP Recommended

Thanks, it is being appreciated! 

All the best!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.