Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Static noise in new laptop

Pavilion Gaming 15-ak000na

Pavilion Gaming 15-ak000na

Since getting the laptop I have noticed a static sound coming from both the built in speakers and my earphones, this sound seems to happen when music is playing or when I'm playing games. Though sometimes its hardly noticeable, other times (often when the laptop is doing lots at once) it can become loud and completely covers up any other sound that's trying to play.

I have tried looking for solutions but nothing seems to have worked so far.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18183 18133 1477 2506
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Static noise in new laptop

@Blaze9

Welcome to the HP Forums :) 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand there's a static noise in your new laptop,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you update the audio drivers or install any BIOS updates? (please do it if you haven't, as it may resolve your concern),

When was the last time it worked without these issues? did you try a system restore?

Does the static appear on an External speaker as well? and does your earphone work fine on another computer?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can try if the sound is external:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation