Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I think the previous poster is talking to me. This is my question

HP Recommended

I am not able to use any software.

The options are as shown in my previous message:

External Microphone, Internal Microphone, Stereo Mix

HP Recommended

@ah_Q@  wrote:

I am not able to use any software.

The options are as shown in my previous message: External Microphone, Internal Microphone, Stereo Mix

Have you tried using the free "Audacity" software, to make your recordings?

HP Recommended

@mdklassenwrote:

The problem is with recording devices. I have audacity, but that isnt really the problem

HP Recommended

@mdklassenwrote:

I mean, my point is that it does not matter which program I use, the option on Stereo Mix will still be unavailable, right?

HP Recommended

@ah_Qwrote:

The problem is with recording devices. I have Audacity, but that isn't really the problem.

How are you recording?  Via software, using Audacity?

Or, do you have an external recording device, connected to "line-out"?

HP Recommended

@ah_Q@  wrote:

I mean, my point is that it does not matter which program I use, the option on Stereo Mix will still be unavailable, right?

Right ???  Not necessarily!  It depends on whether you are using "software" or "hardware" to save the audio-output.

What are you using?

HP Recommended

@mdklassenwrote:

How are you recording?  Via software, using Audacity?

Or, do you have an external recording device, connected to "line-out"?

I do not have an external recording device.

The reason that I wish to record is for a program called Anki to record short audio clips directly into the program. But the point is that I cannot enable Stereo Mix for the reason that it states that the Stereo Mix is unplugged. Therefore, I am not using any program.

As mentioned above, the problem only occurs when I plug in headphones which have a built in microphone. 

If I use headphones without a built in microphone, then Stereo Mix does not say it is unplugged.

HP Recommended

@mdklassenwrote:

@ah_Q@  wrote:

Right ???  Not necessarily!  It depends on whether you are using "software" or "hardware" to save the audio-output.

What are you using?

so, the program I usually use is called Anki. It is not an audio program. It is a flashcard program with the option to record short clips of sound. It does not have any internal sound settings.

However, I also have installed Audacity, and found that the same issue occurs.

However, on my previous laptop (ASUS), I did not have this problem.  When I plugged in all three different pairs of headphones, Stereo Mix was still available to be selected and did not say "not plugged in"

HP Recommended

Exactly the same here. I'm using HP Probook 450G3 with Conexant ISST sound card and as soon as I unplug my earpods (Apple wired earphones, with built-in mic) stereo mix becomes ready, while when they are plugged stereo mix appears as "not plugged in".

I suppose this is a issue with the driver. A solution would be very useful.

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.