Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Doppa Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stuttering audio after Win 10 upgrade but not offline

Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my sound is stuttering/making 'electrical interference' noises.  I've been trying to solve this with the Windows Troubleshooter and various other fixes but in the end I ran the HP Support Assistant and it upgraded the drivers to IDT High Definition Audio which is what everyone seems to be complaining about anyway.

It just so happened I was offline when I first tried it with the newly installed IDT drivers and it was perfect so I thought I had cured it but as soon as I went online the stuttering and interference returned even when playing audio files already on my computer.

I'm baffled why this should make any difference but it means it still isn't cured.  Anyone any ideas please?

3 REPLIES
Doppa Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to solve this?  There are so many threads about the same thing although I don't know if being offline has ever been mentioned before but if so I'd be grateful for any help.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Doppa,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the audio and network drivers after the Windows 10 update. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Doppa Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Tardis, thank you for your response.

The laptop is not in warranty and I have visited the UK site mentioned in your link.  I have already tried some of the things mentioned but there are other things I will try this weekend.  Although the Win 10 upgrade made the sound worse I think it may have been there before I upgraded only not as noticeable.  

I just feel it is so odd that it appears to work fine when I'm offline.

I will let you know how I get on after the weekend.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation