Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion, windows 10

I suddenly lost my audio. My speakers and headsets were tested and work properly. Can I simply download an

audio driver?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jackbob1932
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo Lake,

Product number is H5P74AA#ABA. I made NO changes. Tried trouble shooting, report was audio was working OK. Loss of audio was sudden, both headphone jack in front and speaker jacks in rear

jackbob1932

HP Recommended

@jackbob1932

Thank you for the information. 

There are no drivers windows 10 operating systems.  

You have to switch back to windows 8 operating system  Or you can download the drivers from the third party website. 

HP will not recommend downloading the driver's third-party website.

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@jackbob1932
Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try and reinstall windows operating system:

Before you start the system recovery, review the following list:

• Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery. Failure to backup your files results in the loss of files and information that you do not want to lose. For instructions to backup and save your files, see Backing Up Your Files (Windows 10,

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961 to Performa System Recovery (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.