Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wesselg2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Bang&Olufsen equalizer distorts the music when listening and takes out all the highs and lows.

HP ZBook Studio x360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I listen to music on Spotify or Youtube the computer distorts the music everytime the music builds up. When you listen to it, it sounds like either your ears a stuffed or you have the feeling that there is something wrong with your hearing. I think it has to do with the horrible B&O software. I can't even select my own drivers nor equalizers. And I've tried every option I had, of which there are little, and nothing helped. 

4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
78,148 77,556 9,535 20,644
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Bang&Olufsen equalizer distorts the music when listening and takes out all the highs and lows.

@wesselg2

That probably due to Windows updates. Re-install driver should help. Please try

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88083.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
wesselg2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for your thourough answer. However I have yet tried to update the drivers, but to no avail. I have all the updates installed. 

Thanks again for your answer.

Yours sincerly,

Wessel Groenewegen

0 Kudos
wesselg2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is what I hear: Everytime the music becomes more layered, such as when somebody start singing, the rest of the volume and the quality of the music drop. As it seems the bandwith then is too full and it has to cut part of the music away.

0 Kudos
AbrahamT Tutor
Tutor
10 7 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, i think i had the same problem with you and fixed it. Try this:

-Right click on the speaker icon next to the clock.

-Open "Playback Devices"

-Right click on the Speaker and select "Properties"

-Under the "Enhancements" tab, check "Disable All Enhancements"

Just have in mind that you 'll have to disable them each time you restart your laptop. If you find a way to make it permanent, let me know. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation