stratboy Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The amber audio mute light stays on all the time. The audio does not sound as good as it did.

HP6565b Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I noticed this morning that the amber audio mute light stays on all the time and the audio quality is not as good as it was.

5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
7348 7305 1385 2516
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The amber audio mute light stays on all the time. The audio does not sound as good as it did.

Hi,

Have you tried installing the IDT High definition audio driver for your system?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151294_1

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
stratboy Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply. I went tot he driver page but did not see my operating system listed. I"m running Windows 10 32 bit and it was not listed there. I'm kind of new at this and fell uncomfortable. Do you just find your system and download the driver, is that all there is to it? thanks again. Randy Orchid

0 Kudos
stratboy Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello..I download the driver but it would not install because it said it was not supported by the IDT. whatever that is

0 Kudos
stratboy Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I could not install the driver because it said it was not supporte by the IDE or IDT. I don't know what that is.

0 Kudos
stratboy Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

David, I downloaded the driver that you sent me but when I try to install it I get an error message anf it won't install. Is there a second option. Once again, my laptop is an HP 6565b running 32 bit Windows 10. Problem is the amber audio mute light stays on all the time. I do have audio but I don't think it's as good as it was. Thank you for all the help.

Randy Orchid

[Personal Information Removed]

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation