Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-cb0050nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all, I just received my new laptop today after my 8yr old, heavily upgraded laptop died.  My last had the Beats Audio system and it was impressive.  The idea of the Bang Olufsen on the Omen sold me.  Unfortunately, the sound on this Omen is currently weak.  When I started digging for the EQ I noticed the B.O. control dashboard is not present on my system, even when I search for anything related to the name I find nothing, not even a folder.  I have updated the drivers and rebooted the system but it's still non existent on my system.  I made sure the driver for the current audio was updated as well.  

Any ideas how I can get the B.O. controls on here?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ATW281

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Try downloading and reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio software package on the following link - this should also reinstall the B&O GUI.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80538.exe

When the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

If the issue persists, please download and install the latest fix:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81928.exe

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The second option seems like it added something to my audio controls, seems louder.  I will let you know, but now my screen brightness keys (fn+f1 or f2) are no longer working.  I cannot find any of the brightness controls... that's weird

HP Recommended

@ATW281, Have you updated the graphic drivers on the PC?

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending win updates.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.