Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-cx0144tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop in the month of August, 2018. and since then had noticed that there is about a 2 second sound lag when I play a audio/video.  Once I reported this to the HP support after which they provided me with updated drivers as below.

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-cx0000-laptop-pc/20284020

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver (Windows 10 v1809) - 6.0.1.8536 Rev.A

This helped to reduce the delay further to around to half a second of delay when playing via laptop in-built speakers however the problem was same when I played it via the Audio Out port.

This happens irrespective of the audio/video source, irrespective of wheather I'm streaming music on browser, playing Youtube video, playing a local audio/video file via Flims & TV app or even VLC player.

I told HP support regarding this but they wanted me to record a video of this happening or remotely connect to my machine to look into this further. As it was difficult to create a video demoing the issue I left it. And I did not wanted anyone to remotely connect to my machine as it seemed risky to me.

I'm sure this is the problem with the Realtek drivers. Can this be resolved?

I don't think there should be any delay at all.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@abhishekdex

I suggest you try the below steps to resolve the issue:

Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\xxxx\PowerSettings

where 'xxxx' is one of keys which contains

DriverDesc value 'Realtek High Definition Audio'.

Note: There may be multiple ones containing PowerSettings,

for example 'Nvidia High Definition Audio'.

You'll find there three binary values and set them:

• ConservationIdleTime = ff ff ff ff;
  • IdlePowerState = 00 00 00 00;
  • PerformanceIdleTime = ff ff ff ff.

Default values are all 00 00 00 00 which disables power settings,

but driver somehow overrides it with 0a 00 00 00

which is 10 seconds (0x0a = 10) and is by default in the driver.

If the issue persists, please follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter:

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

With that said, Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Keep us posted. Although, I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

I read read about these steps which require registry modification. I am looking for more of a acceptance from HP about this issue and updated driver which resolves the problem not a temporary solution.

HP Recommended

@abhishekdex You can check this related post of mine that has helped a user resolve the issue: Click here to view, that said, we don't seem to have any known driver or firmware update as of now, to resolve this issue, I suggest you perform the steps from the link, if that doesn't work, use the steps suggested earlier to resolve the issue.

I hope that answers your query.

Good luck and keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher I have tried the steps in the link. It doesn't help. I even tried clean re-install of the OS and the drivers but the problem still persists. So I'm hopeful HP will provide a solution for everyone who is facing this problem via update to the audio drivers. I don't think modifying the registry is everybody's cup of tea and I won't really suggest to anyone until it's a necessity.

Thanks,

Abhishek

HP Recommended

@abhishekdex I understand your concern and I suggest you talk to HP support so that someone could walk you through the registry steps or perhaps, take control of your device and help you get through the same (If need be) as there are no alternate solutions to your concern as of now.

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.