Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Beat speakers located on top of the keyboard used to work and now don't. The bottom oem speaker underneath work but sounds distorted and crappy. I've tried every driver that are "supposed" to fix this issue but has not. I upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 7 ultimate, the top speakers used to work on windows 10 but after an update or two it now has stopped and the bottom ( crappy) speakers are working and not the top (Good Beats speakers) I have tried - (sp63555, sp69618, sp72370, sp73543) and still nothing has changed, it says its already been installed.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

You are trying IDT and Realtek audio drivers.   Your notebook either has the IDT Beats Audio system or the Realtek Beats audio system.  IDT drivers will only work on IDT audio hardware, and Realtek drivers will only work on Realtek audio hardware.

The only suggestion I can offer if your notebook has the IDT audio system, would be to try this W10 IDT audio driver, which you have not tried, and restart the PC.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

Sometimes this driver sets the headphones as the default audio device, so if you have no sound after installing the driver, go to the windows control panel>hardware and sound>sound>manage audio devices and set the PC speakers as the default.

HP Recommended

This has given me the same message saying it has been found on my computer already. So i clicked yes to all and restarted, and still no sound from my Beats Speakers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.