Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP260G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, after windows update the audio no longer works through HDMI cable. Tried updating drivers (no help). DTS controller only shows in C.Panel (no realtek) Dts is also in C drive realtek folder (no realtek HD audio exe)

All troubleshooting show no problem as on board speakers are working.

Have seen advice about downloading peripheral codec but I need to know my audio hardware version. 

Tried Belarc ( Doesn't give i.d details).

All help greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no such model as a HP 260 G4.

You either have a 240 G4 or a 250 G4.

If the HDMI audio quit working, something happened to the Intel HD audio device which is part of the graphics driver.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the sound, video and game controllers device manager category.

There should be two HD devices listed there.

Realtek (for the onboard speakers)

Intel HD for the HDMI out port.

Let me know what you see under that category and we will proceed from there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.