Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unknown device/hdmi to TV issue

HP dv7 1127cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I recently upgraded my old Pavillion dv7 1127cl to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. Hooked up hdmi to RCA HD TV. Video is great but of course no audio. Under sound it list as Realtek HDMI Output, but ATI HDMI Audio and not plugged in is grayed out and cannot be set to default. I have tried downloading hdmi drivers but didnt do anything. BTW, laptop has sound, np there.  In device manager I have one conflict. Under other devices I have unknown device. Hardware Ids ACPI\HPQ0004. I saw there were  fixes in your forums for the latter issue, but was unsure if the download recomended was compatable with my laptop. Anyway, Im mostly deaf from the military and my laptop just doesn't have enough volume.  Thanks in advance for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
77,422 76,834 9,434 20,411
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kilmor56 wrote:

I recently upgraded my old Pavillion dv7 1127cl to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. Hooked up hdmi to RCA HD TV. Video is great but of course no audio. ...

Hi,

What is your HDMI to RCA adapter ? Note: HDMI use digital signals and RCA uses analog signals. You NEED a proper converter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
103,609 97,638 15,167 23,345
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the driver you need for the 0004 device...

This package provides HP 3D DriveGuard for the supported notebook models and operating systems. HP 3D DriveGuard receives notifications from the integrated accelerometer and protects the hard drive (HDD) by automatically "parking the heads" to reduce the risk of damage if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47282.exe

0 Kudos
Kilmor56 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK the drivers you sent corrected the unknown device issue Thank you for that. However, I still have no sound to television. I guess the two issues weren't related. In reguards to the previous post, I have an RCA (brand name) TV. I have connected the HDMI cable from the laptop directly to the HDMI input behind the TV. No adapter was used. As I stated the video is perfect I just can't get sound to the tele. Thx again.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
103,609 97,638 15,167 23,345
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what you can do about the audio out of the HDMI port not working if you already tried the ATI HDMI audio driver from the realtek website.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation