Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (130 Views)

Update Ruined Audio

Product Name: W2M74UA#ABA
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

After installing Windows Creators Update my laptop developed audio issues. Small, 'tinny' sound, little to no depth or bass even with using DFX Audio enhancer. I uninstalled the creators update then my audio worked fine again.

Because of a few small issues I reset my laptop this weekend using the HP tool. Everything is fine except the for audio, same issue as I had with the Windows update. Tinny, low volume inadequate sound. Crackilng when using Steam and 'pops' when shutting down. The Creators Update was installed automaticaly during the reset and there seems to be no way to roll back the changes.

Any help in getting this fixed would be greatly appreciated. I listen to a lot of music and podcasts and this issue is ruining my experience.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (111 Views)

Re: Update Ruined Audio

@Pax277

Please download and install newer Audio driver for your machine

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81305.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (94 Views)

Re: Update Ruined Audio

Thank you for posting! Sadly, it didn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation