cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
humble_me_99
Level 3
31 12 3 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Updating 14 out of date drivers

HP Recommended

I own a hp pavillion g6 -1d60us notebook formerly running Windows 7 Home Premium 32/64 bit operating system, I'm

now using Windows Ultimate 32 bit operating system which was installed at the store where I purchased the notebook.     

Since the transition I've been experiencing different problems, the drivers being just one.  I downloaded Driver Manager

which showed the 14 drivers to be updated.  My research has directed me to a multitude of updating programs.  Is there

any way I can address the driver problem without incurring any cost?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
humble_me_99
Author
Level 3
31 12 3 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks again Kyle

I purchased Driver Manager for a one year period and i'm quite satisfied with it's performance.  I did download the hp

support assistant and hopefully will not ever experience a driver problem again.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
Kyle_W
Level 9
4,755 365 203 627
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would download the HP Support Assistant. It can detect any missing drivers and it will notify you when any of them are updated.

Here is a link to the download: HP Support Assistant

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
humble_me_99
Author
Level 3
31 12 3 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks Kyle, I purchase driver manager and fixed 13 of the 14 drivers that needed to be updated. Are you telling me that hp assistant could have done the same thing without the cost.
Kyle_W
Level 9
4,755 365 203 627
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

More than likely it would have. I would always check for free programs and then do a little bit of research on the program to see how well it works. In this case, this one is offered from HP and would be best suited for anyone using an HP computer. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
humble_me_99
Author
Level 3
31 12 3 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks again Kyle

I purchased Driver Manager for a one year period and i'm quite satisfied with it's performance.  I did download the hp

support assistant and hopefully will not ever experience a driver problem again.

Kyle_W
Level 9
4,755 365 203 627
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not a problem, best of luck!

Signature
linda1943
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what must one do to update out of date drivers without incurrin or having to pay to have a service group repair?  My email acccount will not open or stay open and online  if that is the proper words to use to explain my problem.  

@humble_me_99 wrote:

I own a hp pavillion g6 -1d60us notebook formerly running Windows 7 Home Premium 32/64 bit operating system, I'm

now using Windows Ultimate 32 bit operating system which was installed at the store where I purchased the notebook.     

Since the transition I've been experiencing different problems, the drivers being just one.  I downloaded Driver Manager

which showed the 14 drivers to be updated.  My research has directed me to a multitude of updating programs.  Is there

any way I can address the driver problem without incurring any cost?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation