Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-ep1000 (322X5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have already had my laptop serviced under warranty from HP for the problem of very quiet sound coming from the headphone output. They returned it but the fault is still there. What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Hanworth,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing very quiet output from the headphone socket on your HP ENVY 15.6 Inch Laptop PC, there are a few potential solutions you can try.

• Check headphone volume: Make sure that the volume on your laptop and the headphone volume are turned up to an appropriate level. Sometimes, the volume may be set too low, resulting in quiet output.
  • Update audio drivers: Outdated or incompatible audio drivers can sometimes cause issues with the headphone output. Visit the HP support website and download the latest audio drivers for your laptop model. Install them and restart your computer to see if it improves the audio output.
  • Adjust sound settings: Right-click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "Open Sound settings." Under the "Output" section, click on "Device properties" and make sure the volume slider is set to an appropriate level. You can also try disabling any audio enhancements or effects to see if they are affecting the headphone output.
  • Try different headphones: If possible, try using different headphones to rule out the possibility of a problem with your current pair. Sometimes, faulty or poorly matched headphones can result in low-volume output.
  • Test with another device: Connect your headphones to another device such as a smartphone or tablet to see if the issue persists. If the volume is normal on the other device, it suggests that the problem lies with your laptop's headphone socket.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.