wadevl Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Volume Being Muted after WIndows 10 Update (KB3201845)

Pavillion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after (KB3201845) Windows 10 update took ,

any time I touch any button on the key board the (F6) Mute button comes on,

as if its being held down . The Black volume control bar

appears on the screen.

you can adjust the volume settings, but as soon as you move off the volume up,

the volume lowers all the way down by itself,

Ive removed audio and key board drivers, and each time the sytem restarts, the same thing happens

as soon as you touch the keyboard

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 820 1376
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Volume Being Muted after WIndows 10 Update (KB3201845)

@wadevl

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I came across you post and would like to help. I read that post the Windows 10 update (KB3201845), you are experiencing volume mute issues. Every time a key is pressed on the keyboard will bring up the mute and the volume control bar and  volume lowers all the way down by itself. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to refresh the Windows OS. Refresh will not delete any data and will repair any errors related to drivers and operating system: Refreshing your computer when Windows will not open to the Start screen.

NOTE: though the above link is for Windows . However, the steps are same for Windows 10.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. If the issue persists then reply with the exact model no. of your laptop. This link will help you find the exact model no. http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Cheers! :)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation