Tashy79
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Volume TOO LOW on my HP Spectre x2 Detach Laptop/Tablet

HP Spectre x2 Detach
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought the HP Spectre x2 Detach on 13th March 2016 and we are about to travel with it and realised the volume is far too low even on the highest setting. We can hear it ok if there's silence in the room yet the moment we'll be on a plane it will be near impossible. Driver is Conexant Smart Audio HD. I've tried to go into Properties/Playback Devices and in the Enhancements section there's no option to make improvements. I really need this issue sorted ASAP. I find it hard to believe this product would have such low volume. Is there an external speaker I can buy to plug in that will improve it? Or another driver? HELP! Thank you 🙂

10 REPLIES 10
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

H @Tashy79,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

I am pleased that you have become a HP forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More for you to have the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting.

I understand that you purchased your notebook just a few days ago. You have noticed that the volume is very low and you would not be able to hear it on a plane.  Have you done all your Windows updates? Here is a link to the  Windows Update Troubleshooter. Open the Windows update troubleshooter as it may help find additional drivers. It should lead to a forced update of Windows updates that may not be automatically being applied, that could help resolve this issue.  Have you run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with any HP updates? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10).  If the issue remains. please contact HP Support for  assistance. With your permission, they can remotely connect to your system, to help locate and resolve difficulties.

Please let me know the outcome.

To help posters find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
billdyszel
4 4 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had the same problem, contacted HP support and got no improvement. HP techs spent several hours guessing at a solution, but couldn't make it better. I've also done several driver upgrades, to no avail.

Is there a solution, or is this a product defect?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,111 23,067 1,935 3,056
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@billdyszel

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the Volume is extremely LOW on your HP Spectre x2 Detach Laptop/Tablet

Don't worry about the past experiences, just follow the steps on this related HP Forums post that seems to have helped many in the recent past: Click here

(Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern).

For further troubleshooting this concern: Click here

And keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
billdyszel
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope, those didn't work either. Seems like the speakers on this model are just weak. Every other laptop I own is at least twice as loud.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@billdyszel

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Normally, the steps suggested previously resolves the issue, however, if you feel that its too low or you prefer louder sound,

Perhaps you could make use of an alternate or an external speaker, here's: How to set up 5.1 and 7.1 Speaker Systems

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
billdyszel
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Of course I know how to set up an external speaker, just plug the thing in. 

I can only conclude that the HP device delivers inadequate sound by design. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@billdyszel

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I understand how you feel and to help you out I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tashy79
2 1 0 1
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree. The speakers have been designed with very poor sound output. It's so disappointing to think I spent so much money on a laptop for it to not be heard when I'm on a plane and need to watch a movie, I can't hear a thing! I won't be recommending this product to anyone.
0 Kudos
billdyszel
4 4 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think the product has its place as a mobile online information consumption device, but the sound is a conspicuous weak point for multimedia. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation