Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakeyB Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Volume seems to be very low then used to be. (Since Windows 10 Update)

HP Pavilion g6-2291ea Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi people this problem has been bugging me for sometime now since i updated windows 10.

Basically the sound still works but at full volume it is very low, before the update was installed the volume was much, much louder. I've tried all different things on this forum but no one has solved this problem yet that i can see. 

So some one please help??? 

Any questions fire away.

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @JakeyB,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion g6-2291ea Notebook and issues with the sound quality. You could try:

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers.
4. Click properties.
5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window. Restart the Notebook and test the sound.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
JakeyB Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have only just seen that you have replied and ive tried your suggestion and the problem still seems to be there but when you click test it seems to be really loud but when i go on to anything on the computer any apps, games, or even the internet the volume is really low and it never used to be. I have no idea why this happen.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation