Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-ce3600sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi!

So my laptop has been making a weird noise ever since I took it out the box. The sounds works fine, but the noise is more mechanical, if that make sense.If something it's playing out the speakers, it;s gone but except that it's on all the time. It kind of sounds like when you used to would receive message on your phone that was near a computer and the speakers would pick it up? I hope you get what I mean. The past two weeks or so I'm also receiveing a message that I need to calibrate my battery. I have followed the instructions and it says if it doesn't work (and it hasn't) I have to buy a new battery? But I have only bought the computer a month ago. I have also run the sounds check thing to solve the problems and it changed nothing. The computer is obviously on warranty still but I can't figure out how to go about making complaints and the website is very unhelpful.

I would really appreciate any help 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@JustynaBednarcz, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that issue with the battery and Audio issue 

To resolve this issue, download and install the SoftPaq or update the audio driver in Device Manager.

Option 1: Download and install the SoftPaq to update the audio driver:

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Option 2: Update the audio driver in Device Manager

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Expand Sound video and game controllers.
  3. Right-click on Realtek Audio Device.
  4. Select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the driver.

Check if the pin inside the DC or charging port is bent or broken.

Please perform the below-shown steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button

Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager

Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left

Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall

Note: This Battery driver will get reinstalled automatically when you restart the Notebook again

Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook

Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Step 07. Press and hold the Power Button for a full 1 Minute

Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Step 09. Look for the "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

Also, try performing a hard reset on your laptop and check if it helps.

Please Shutdown the Notebook

Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Press and hold the Power Button for a full 1 Minute

Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Look for the "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon.

If the issue persists try updating BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update BIOS.

Refer to this article to further troubleshoot battery issues with your laptop.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi! Thanks for your answer

I downloaded Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver like you said and now the sound doesn't work at all? It was working fine without it (minus the noise). Any idea what I should do now?

HP Recommended

@JustynaBednarcz,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.