Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 13 (308 Views)

What does Audio - Failed - 630GRS-7JW8B5-MFPWL1-004X03 - 12/22/2016 mean?

Product Name: HP Envy Notebook-M7-K211dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HDMI output no longer has sound but the video is still great.  Ran some checks and got this " Audio - Failed - 630GRS-7JW8B5-MFPWL1-004X03 - 12/22/2016".   What does it mean and is it related to my audio problem with the HDMI output?  Anything I can do to fix?

Thanks for any help,

Irish QB

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 13 (273 Views)

Re: What does Audio - Failed - 630GRS-7JW8B5-MFPWL1-004X03 - 12/22/2016 mean?

Greetings @the_irish_qb,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you ran a test on the computer and the Audio test failed and you are no longer getting any audio from the HDMI output. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

May I know the procedure used to run the test?

Are you able to get audio from the internal speakers or headphones?

Recommend you to check if you are able to get audio from the internal speakers. 

Shut down the computer, turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 or ESC repeatedly on startup. 

Enter system diagnostics and run a component test or system test. Click here for assistance. 

If any of the tests fail, please contact our phone support for the service options. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Tutor
Message 3 of 13 (243 Views)

Hello Chimney_83

Ran the tests that you suggested and did get one audio failure (code was 630GRS-7JW8JE-MFPWL1-000V03) but when I ran it again it passed.  I have always gotten sound out of my speakers and headphones and still do.  The test I ran back in Dec that produced the Audio-Failed-Code was the same test I ran today.  When I run the trouble shooter for audio it says the problem is I'm running Microsoft Generic Audio.  I have reloaded the Realtek driver from the HP site several times with no change.  My computer is more than a year old and at this point I do not want to pay for support unless I know the problem is going to be solved.   looking at the Realtek HD Audio Properties - Events history I now find this message-  "Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0290&SUBSYS_103C229D&REV_1000\4&3887bb06&0&0001 requires further installation."   It also says Device not migrated.  I think this is my problem but do not know what it really means.  Any ideas?  I did start with Windows 8.1 and upgraded to Windows 10 and it did work after the upgrade for sometime.  

Thanks for your support.

Irish QB

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 13 (225 Views)

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. 

The failure id you have provided is related to the motherboard, recommend you to use the computer as it is working fine. 

You can try uninstalling the audio driver from device manager again. Delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart the computer. 

Clear the temporary files. You can follow the procedure mentioned below to clear the temporary files. 

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files, ignore them).

Restart the computer again. 

Run HP Support Assistant to automatically update all the drivers on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

If possible, run an extensive test on the computer by booting the computer to System diagnostics mode as suggested earlier. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Tutor
Message 5 of 13 (161 Views)

Thank you Chimney_83 for the support.  

Unfortunitly it did not fix my problem.  I cleared all of the temp memory, removed the driver, reinstalled it and ran the extensive test with no failuers.   When I open the Sound file it only shows Speaker/HP and I have show disabled and disconnected devices checked.  When I looked in Task Manager I see HD Audio Background Process running twice.  I then looked at Realtek HD Audio Manager ran a compatibility check and it came back with "RtkNGUI64 is incompatible fixed, but the looked like it was checking for Windows 8.  I also looked at Realtek Audio Service and when I ran the compatiblity check it came back and could not complete the check and RtkAudioService64 Properties could not open.  Both of these processes only have a compatibility mode for Windows 8 or earlier.  If you have any other ideas I am willing to try them.

Thanks for your support

Irish QB

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 13 (149 Views)

Hi! @the_irish_qb, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for your response and time.

Appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please uninstall the audio drivers from device manager and install the latest audio driver on your PC and check if it helps.

Go to windows desktop

Hold Windows key + Letter R key.

Run dialog box would open type devmgmt.msc

Device manager window will open.

Expand sound and input.

Right click on Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver and click uninstall.

Restart your PC.

Install the latest version of audio drivers using this link.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Tutor
Message 7 of 13 (137 Views)

Hello MrRobot,

I did as you asked me with the following results.  After the computer restarted I looked in Sound, video, game controllers in the device manager and the Intel HD Audio was there so I tried my HDMI cable which did not work and the Intel HD Audio disappeared from the Device Manager when I unplugged the HDMI cable.  When I look at Audio inputs and outputs I see 3 items 1- Stero Mix 2- Speaker/HP and 3-Microphone Array.   As of now I have only Realtek HD Audio in my Sound, video and game contollers.  Not sure why the Intel HD Audio went away.  Any ideas?

Thanks for the support

IrishQB

Tutor
Message 8 of 13 (128 Views)

Hello MrRobot,

I did realize that I had used the wrong file and loaded the Intel and not the Realtek one you wanted me to use so I did it again using the file you wanted me to use and the results are unchanged.   When I open the playback devices all it shows is the speakers/hp and I do ask for all diconnected and disabled devices to show but there are none.   Could the fact I'm using Norton and not Window Defender be a problem.  Just trying to figure out what is going on.

Thanks for the support

IrishQB

HP Support Agent
Message 9 of 13 (113 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello, @the_irish_qb

I would like to jump in with a suggestion Smiley Happy

Do not worry, the Intel audio drivers are the default windows drivers that took effect when you completely uninstalled the Realtek audio drivers. Once you re-installed the Realtek drivers, that bought back the Realtek drivers and disabled the default drivers.

Antivirus programs generally do not block the connections with the HDMI or any other cables. But it is worth a try to disable them temporarily while you test the audio. Also, did you get a chance to check the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2f0XsAq 

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

Tutor
Message 10 of 13 (94 Views)

Hello Dvortex,

I did try all 5 of the possible solutions listed in the link.

1 - Confirmed the HDMI cable was good by using my old HP and the sound comes out of the HDMI cable along with the video.

2 - I can not select the HDMI sound output as default because in the Sound file all I have is the Speaker/HP and nothing shows as disconnected or disabled.

3 - When I run Windows Sound troubleshooter is says Generic Audio Driver Detected

4 - Performed hard reset and update of drivers again with no change

5 - Went through the options in Troubleshoot specific HDMI issues with no improvement

Why is my computer using the Generic Audio Driver instead of Realtek?  Why do I not see at least some sort of HDMI output in the Sound file with the Speakers/HP?  This becoming very frustating for a none tech person.

Any other help you could offer would be much appreicated.

Thanks for the support

IrishQB

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation