Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I followed the link to use the SofPaq Kaby Lake download, my model is HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15mcn0xxx

I am really hoping this works... I uninstalled the old driver, then installed the Kaby Lake one, now Zoom says there seems to be a problem with your microphone. Failed to detect your microphone. Please make sure your microphone is properly connected.

HP Recommended

You may need to restart your device after installing the new driver.

Other things to try:

Do other programs detect the mic (Skype, browser (FB etc))?

If yes then you may find this helpful, as for configuring / testing zoom.

Let us know how it went.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with Skype and zoom. On a few occasions after 10 or so minutes the buzzing at the other end stops. When I use an external webcam with mic there isn't any buzzing. This leads me to presume its a hard ware problem in the lap top.  There appears to be sufficient number of HP users with this problem that HP should be addressing it. Right now I don't have a solution other than the external webcam.   

HP Recommended

Hi -- it's not the hardware exactly -- it's the audio card.  A previous post from Submarine8 offered a way to fix it if you follow the links he provided.  Basically you have to uninstall the current audio card and reinstall the new one, which will automatically give you the new drivers.  I did this and it completely solved the buzzing problem!

HP Recommended

HI.  Don't know if I responded, but this did not work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.