Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-gw0000 Laptop PC (1E421AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I am facing this sound issue from last few months,  I searched every where on internet but did not get solution.  My laptop speaker is work fine unless I plugin my earphone jack. Once I plugin my earphone jack, earphone work fine. But when I plug out the earphone jack from the laptop the laptop speaker will not work. Now when I play any music or song or anything laptop  speaker will not work, And once I restart my laptop again then every things works fine. Again speaker works. 

The movement I plugin my earphone jack in my laptop and then  I plug out, the sound from the speaker is not camming unless I restart. 

I am facing this issue from last 5-6 month, When I was using window then that time also I was facing the same problem but not I updated my window to 11 and I still  facing this issue.

Please help me to solve this speaker problem.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @azkar 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Let me check your current system configuration.

(1) Run    msinfo32

- Select <System Summary>:

--->>> Copy/paste following key/value pairs:

OS Name

Version

System Model

System SKU ( equals HP product number (p/n) )

Processor

BIOS Version/Date

(2) Start Windows <device manager>

- Expand <Sound, video and game controllers>

--->>> Send screenshot

(3Please report your results

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.