Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m7 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

One:

Where are the presets (Live, Club, Rock, Bass ....) that can be selected via the B&O app "Listening Experience", stored on a Windows 10 pc ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry for the tardy reply to your post.

I found what I was looking for.

If one modifies the "Custom" setting (Found within the B & O app's "Listening Experience" \ "Graphic Equalizer" selections.)

The modifications to "Custom" will be saved here (In the registry):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Software

Realtek

Audio

RtkNGUI64

EQ                                  UniqueCustomEQ    REG_BINARY    ...................................................

The values associated with each of the other selections (the ones that can't be changed) are embedded in the B&O executable as well as several related .dll's.

As far as I am concerned, this issue can now be closed.

Thanks to everyone, kind enough to consider my postings.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @RayInWisconsin,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you need assistance with Bang & Olufsen settings. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Are you trying to use the App for the first time or when was the last time it worked?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Let's start off updating the Bios, Chipset and Audio drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

For more assistance, please go through this link, which has the prescribed preset Music, Movie and Voice. 

Click here for Instructions

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good Thursday morning and thank you for your reply.

Based on your reply content, I downloaded and updated the Audio drivers, BIOS and Chipset.

I suppose it is always a good idea to keep them current.

And I'm glad to have performed them at your suggestion.

By the way, HP did a great job with the BIOS update.

Even the option of creating a USB recovery, of the currently installed BIOS (in case anything goes wrong.)

Great job.

All pc manufacturers should do as well.

Anyway, it is important to state:

Nothing was wrong with my pc before peforming the suggested updates.

Everything, including the Bang & Olufsen application worked as designed. (Methinks.)

So, my question remains the same .....

Where are the Bang & Olufsen Listening Experience presets stored on my HP ENVY (Windows 10 home) ?

HP Recommended

Hi @RayInWisconsin,

I reviewed this super quick post. You've displayed excellent technical skills, brilliant efforts and an immaculate attitude to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 It is great to have you back as well and the time and efforts are genuinely appreciated.

Please check this link:http://hp.care/2nCHZcZ to download and install the Bang and Olufsen listening experience. 

This should do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

The link in your reply references an issue that an owner of an HP EliteBook 840 G3 Notebook was experiencing with the Bang & Olufsen interface.

A few things:

Thing one:

The HP EliteBook 840 G3 Notebook uses a "Conexant HD Audio Driver".

I, on the other hand, own an HP HP ENVY m7 Notebook which uses a "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver".

So, the download, referenced in YOUR link, would do me no good at all. (If I was experiencing the same issue as the HP EliteBook 840 G3 Notebook user. Which I am not.)

Thing two:

I don't have the same issue as the person describes in the link referenced in your email.

Unlike the user referenced in your link, I have a working Bang & Olufsen interface.

And don't have any need to uninstall or reinstall anything.

Thing three:

MY question was and still is, about where the Bang & Olufsen application stores the various Graphic Equalizer settings, on the pc.

Are they stored in a registry entry somewhere ? (If so, which registry entry ?)

Are they stored in a file somewhere ? (If so, which file(s) hold this information ?)

HP Recommended

Hi @RayInWisconsin,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have a concern with the Where are the Bang & Olufsen Listening Experience presets stored on my HP ENVY (Windows 10 home) ? Have you gone through this support document, this actually shows the Presets which are predefined on your computer. 

I hope this answers your question, If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the tardy reply to your post.

I found what I was looking for.

If one modifies the "Custom" setting (Found within the B & O app's "Listening Experience" \ "Graphic Equalizer" selections.)

The modifications to "Custom" will be saved here (In the registry):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Software

Realtek

Audio

RtkNGUI64

EQ                                  UniqueCustomEQ    REG_BINARY    ...................................................

The values associated with each of the other selections (the ones that can't be changed) are embedded in the B&O executable as well as several related .dll's.

As far as I am concerned, this issue can now be closed.

Thanks to everyone, kind enough to consider my postings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.